Assessments Start at $199 and are flexible to your home depending on square footage
All comprehensive comfort/energy assessments now only $199.
WHAT IS A HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT?
An energy assessment or energy audit is comprised of several diagnostic tests and assessments, all performed by a certified home energy expert:
1. We use a device called a “blower door” to make important determinations about how your home is performing. With the “blower door” we:
- measure the rate of air infiltration into the home
- find where air leakage is occurring from the building shell
- determine where to air seal and if it is cost effective to do so
- can tell if there is leakage in the heating/cooling ducts
- helps us determine the proper ventilation in the home to maintain a healthy indoor environment
2. An infrared camera helps us find areas of insufficient insulation or other thermal weaknesses in inaccessible places.
3. We measure the ventilation rates of household fans (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) to calculate existing ventilation rates.
4. We visually inspect attics and crawlspaces for thermal, health and safety problems.
5. We asses the delivered efficiency of the furnace and air conditioner, including the duct system.
6. We provide a comprehensive report describing the results of the assessment with recommendations for mitigation.